KVS lets you build site networks in 2 different ways. It also lets you combine both:
- Building sites on the same database.
- Building independent sites.
If you have a KVS-powered site and you want to configure your new satellite site in such a way that its content is taken from an existing database, you can link your new site to your existing KVS database during site setup. In this case, you will manage the content of your new site in the administration panel of your existing KVS site. Satellite sites do not let you manage their content separately.
As a result, both sites will be the same content-wise, with the exception of statistics and Website UI settings. Here, it is important to understand that all settings in Website UI will be unique, which lets you build completely different sites with different pages, layouts, designs, and language settings. Also, Website UI settings let you set up custom content filters, e.g. remove certain categories, tags, etc., or vice versa, use certain categories and/or tags to build new sites. You will find more information about these features below.
1. When you create language versions or subdomains.
In this case, you can switch page templates to other languages using Website UI. Also, if your site supports multi-language features, you can display localized content in your desired language.
You can create multi-language sites with full support of both multi-language options: localizing the entire content database and building templates of new language versions.
2. When you build niche sites based on your primary site.
When you have many categories and/or tags on your primary site, you can choose some of them and build satellite sites displaying only content related to these categories or tags. These sites will have their own pages with unique design and layout.
You can also choose certain categories or tags and do not display related content on your satellite sites.
3. When you build satellite sites for SEO.
You can use methods 1 and 2 to build satellite sites with the same content but different content-related details (e.g. titles and descriptions) to accumulate more SE traffic.
4. When you build sites of different kinds.
- Managing content for your entire network from one administration panel.
- Instant content updates across your entire network.
- One storage space, no duplicates.
- Unified data security policy.
- Using the same MySQL database for all related sites.
- Less flexibility with unique content.
Use export feeds to serve content from your site. Here, you can configure a number of parameters:
- Maximum videos / photo albums per request.
- Feed password.
- Affiliate program HTTP parameter you send to the feed to build affiliate links to your site (e.g. webmaster_id, ref_id or others, depending the way your site is set up).
- Access to source files for screenshots, categories, tags, and models, allowed or disallowed.
- Feed type.
Let us take a closer look at feed types. Here are the types of feeds KVS supports:
1. «Link to Site». In this case, the feed doesn't serve links to content, only links to video playback pages on your site. Use this option to build pseudo video sites that take users to videos on the original site when they click on video thumbnails.
2. «Hotlink». In this case, the feed doesn't serve links to content, only links to video playback pages on your site. Use this option to build pseudo video sites that take users to videos on the original site when they click on video thumbnails.
3. «Embed code». Video embed codes are included in the feed.
4. «Temporary Link». The feed features temporary links to content items. This is useful when you need to get video links to create your own screenshots and use embed codes or links to the original site later on.
You can also choose between a set of parameters that each feed user can customize and use:
- Feed format (KVS or CSV).
- With CSV feeds, you can list required fields and the separator.
- Maximum items or past days content for which should be served.
- Max and min video duration.
- Affiliate program.
- Screenshot format.
Use import feeds to easily add any content obtained via KVS export feeds or otherwise (CSV) to your KVS-powered site.
- Content request interval.
- Maximum videos added per request.
- Feed or custom screenshots.
- Various video date related options.
- Assign videos to affiliate programs.
- Video add type (as embed code, as pseudo video, as hotlink, as your video (downloaded)).
- Your sites are fully independent
- When content gets deleted on the original site, it may become unavailable on satellite sites that used this content getting it via feeds (hotlink, pseudo videos, embed codes).
Summing it all up, KVS lets you serve any content with any settings you need as well as obtain content in a variety of formats.